1. How McDonald’s Conquered India, BBC, 2014
2. There are numerous innovative and interesting practices of how companies develop new offerings or tailor their marketing approaches to serve the needs in a foreign market. Here are some of these examples:
· A Skin-Care Ad Tackles Social Taboos in China, Bloomberg Businessweek, February 2, 2017.
[Please look the PDF1 in attachments]
You can watch the commercial here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irfd74z52Cw (Please turn on subtitle)
· Air farming: The lucrative business of selling fresh air to those in polluted cities, ABC News,
· To Reach Chinese Consumers, Brands Market in Australia, Wall Street Journal, July 31, 2017.
[Please look the PDF2 in attachments]
1. How did McDonald’s become successful in India?
2. Adaptation articles: Skin Care Ad, Air Farming, To Reach Chinese Consumers:
Discuss how companies adapt their offerings or develop new offerings in different markets. Discuss the adaptation of marketing mix elements (e.g. products, channels, promotions) to tailor the needs of consumers abroad.
Can you think of any other examples of marketing mix adaptation abroad? Please explain.