After completing the assigned reading in Duvall and Hays and the assigned Bible reading, complete the following in one to two paragraphs each:
1. What is the book of Psalms? What practical contributions does it make to the life of a Christian?
2. Compare and contrast the calls (to be prophets) of Isaiah (in Isaiah 6) and of Jeremiah (in Jeremiah 1).
3. Summarize the books of Ezra and Nehemiah in one paragraph each. Looking at the outlines of these books in the ESV Study Bible will help.
After completing the assigned reading in Plummer, complete the following in one to two paragraphs each:
4. Identify and explain two principles for interpreting the book of Proverbs.
5. Identify and explain two principles for interpreting the book of Psalms.
Duvall, J. S., & Hays, J. D. (2012). Living God’s word: Discovering our place in the great
story of scripture. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. ISBN-13: 978-0310292104
Plummer, R. (2010). 40 questions about interpreting the Bible. Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel
Academic & Professional. ISBN-13: 978-0825434983