There are five questions listed below. Based on the content in the M08 Readings, answer each question. After completing, submit this assignment to the M08 Lab Assignment.
1. (8 points) Is it important to encrypt your database? Does the Academic Database have sensitive data that needs to be encrypted? Why or why not? Address these questions in the space below; your answer should be addressed in 100 to 150 words.
2. (8 points) When creating the Academic Database, there were several instances of data validation. Data types were assigned to each field in the table to stop undesirable values from being placed into certain fields. A presence check was used on fields that were listed as NOT NULL, requiring some data to be input. Uniqueness validation was automatically assigned for fields that were primary keys. Describe at least one field in the Academic Database a table where range validation could have been used and describe at least one field in the Academic Database where choice validation could have been used. Your answer should be addressed in 100 to 150 words.
3. (8 points) You decide to take measures to help secure the Academic Database that you created. You create a role called “student” with the intent that students can log in to see their own grades. Describe an instance where you would REVOKE a privilege to the table containing grades. Your answer should be addressed in 100 to 150 words.
4. (8 points) You’ve implemented the Academic Database in a local school in your community. The school’s administrator decides, there’s no need for database backup and recovery plan because all their computers are new. Explain in 100 to 150 words why there needs to be a disaster recovery plan.
5. (8 points) Which of the case studies that you read (Walmart, Target or 5 Big Data Industries) caught your attention and why? Before reading the articles, did you think about data being used in the manner that it is? Name one other organization that may be using data warehousing and data mining techniques and explain how it is being used. Or explain how after years of collecting data how the data in the Academic Database that was implemented in Modules 6 and 7 can be useful to the academic institution? Explain your answer in 100 to 150.