Describe the process of creating data sets.
You are the facility manager for EnVision, a high-tech vehicle maker located in Atlanta. This new company designs, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and charging units. EnVision’s unique designs, technical prowess, and limited competition has placed them in the enviable position of having a high demand for their line of products. This demand has generated over a billion dollars in pre-sale orders, and facility expansion will be required to meet customer needs. Due to space limitations within the existing plant and surrounding property, the firm’s CEO, Mark Hammel, has asked you to assist him in selecting a new site that will accommodate a new state-of-the-art facility.
The CEO has stated that retention of current employees is paramount which limits your selection to the local area. He also stated that it would be highly desirable to use sustainable energy in the plant’s operations. Resources in the form of additional personnel, raw materials, utilities, and shipping conveyances also need consideration.
In a written memo to Mark Hammel, address the following issues in regards to your site research.
· Appraise valid sources of data in regards to sustainable energy (if any), skilled labor, raw materials, utilities, and shipping conveyances in the Atlanta area. You must cite the source(s) of the data you use.
· Discuss the relationships between the sustainable energy, skilled labor, raw materials, utilities, and shipping conveyances for a manufacturing facility in the Atlanta area.
· Evaluate potential gaps or issues with the identified datasets. Share how you plan to go about closing these gaps, including identification of further sources of data or research that might be necessary.
· Using Excel, organize your sources of data into datasets. Include as part of your submission.
For this deliverable, please reference the following data files as necessary:
· EnVision Survey
· Atlanta vs US Utilities
· Bureau of Labor Statistics
· 2016 Manufacturing
· 2016 Power generation and Supply
· 2016 Alumina and Aluminum Production
· 2016 Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
· 2016 Rail Transportation
· 2016 Specialized Freight Trucking
· 2016 Employment Services”