“Week 5 – Final Paper
This paper should be a combination of philosophies, theories, and concepts learned in this course, and demonstrate how they apply to the early childhood classroom. The primary focus will be on the comprehensiveness of the many components that are necessary to consider when designing curriculum for a preschool or young childâ€™s classroom.
For the Final Paper
1. Select an age group (Pre-K, kindergarten, first grade, etc.).
2. Identify and discuss the three theories and/or philosophies that reflect how you envision your classroom and curriculum.Â
3. Provide a summary of the concepts you will teach in each academic area (math, reading, science, and the fine arts).Â
4. Describe two specific activities for each academic area that will demonstrate how you will teach these concepts in a way that is representative of both the theories/philosophies you discussed and NAEYC or state standards.
Your paper must be seven to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must include a cover page that includes:
a. Name of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructorâ€™s name
e. Date submitted
2. Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
3. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
4. Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
5. Must include at least two outside scholarly sources.
6. Must use American Psychological Association (APA) style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
7. Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
8. Must be well organized and reflect college level writing.”