“PA2 included two parts: Part 1 about evaluating beta and WACC, and Part 2 is about data acquisition in preparation of the CLA2 paper . You need to do both parts to demonstrate your comprehensive evaluation of the company’s opportunity cost as well as your skills in retrieving and organizing historical data on securities for the purpose of portfolio formation.
1. Search Yahoo Finance, or any other credible source to retrieve the most recent income statement and balance sheet for a major leveraged corporation.
1. Provide these statements in proper format and include a screenshot of the data.
2. Retrieve the data on the company’s historical data and calculate annual rate of return by using adjusted closing prices for the past 20 years. using adjusted closing values, the past 20 years.
3. Using the data on the company’s stock rate of return and the index’s rate of return estimate beta of the corporation. Compare this value with the value stated by the source.
4. Retrieve the risk-free rate of return as the annual interest rate of US treasuries. Based on these values estimate the expected annual rate of return of the corporation’s security. Compare your estimate with the expected rate of return as evaluated based on your data in part b.
5. Using the financial statements mentioned above estimate the annual rate of interest paid by the corporation (cost of debt). Also, find the tax rate and capitalization ratio (proportions among equity and debt). Using these values that you have found estimate the annual weighted cost of capital (WACC) of the corporation.
2. This part of the assignment is in preparation for CLA2 paper in the coming week . Choose 5 major securities from different industries, among which one can be the one you chose in part 1 of the question, Retrieve the data on the companies’ historical data and calculate annual rate of return for the past 20 years for each security.
Provide your explanations and definitions in detail and be precise. Comment on your findings. Provide references for content when necessary. Provide your work in detail and explain in your own words. Support your statements with six (6) peer-reviewed in-text citation(s) and reference(s).”