Conceptual models, theories, and empirical indicators are linked and provide a nursing knowledge system to apply the model or theory to nursing practice, research, and education. Advanced-practice nurses are required to understand the linkages as applied to nursing and translate the components into practice. To continue development of nursing knowledge, advanced practice nurses can create structure to test theory.
Write a paper that examines how the conceptual – theoretical – empirical (CTE) structure translates into nursing practice based on one of the middle range theories that has been formulated or derived from your preferred conceptual model of nursing. Translate and apply the selected theory to nursing practice using actual examples. Evaluate the theory using the CTE steps below:
1. Evaluation of the CTE linkages.
2. Evaluation of the selected theory.
3. Evaluation of the empirical indicators.
4. Evaluation of research findings.
5. Evaluation of the utility and soundness of the practice theory.
List of Middle-Range Nursing Theories:
The Framework of Systemic Organization – Marie-Louise Friedemann.
Theory of Group Power within Organizations – Christina Sieloff.
Theory of Comfort – Katharine Kolcaba.
Theory of Maternal Role Attainment- Ramona Thieme Mercer.
Nurse as Wounded Healer – Marion Conti O’hare.
Synergy Model – AACN.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments
• This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
• You are required to submit this assignment to TurnItIn