1 Understand what is required to be an effective and efficient HR professional.
2 Be able to perform efficiently and effectively as an HR professional.
3 Be able to apply CPD techniques to construct, implement and review a personal development plan.
You are asked to develop an electronic portfolio of evidence which includes four sections that respond to the following tasks:
Evaluate what it means to be an HR professional, making reference to the
CIPD 2018 Profession Map. This can be accessed at https://peopleprofession.cipd.org/profession–map
• Briefly describe the elements of group dynamics and give at least two examples of conflict resolution methods within an HR context.
With reference to a recent or current project (large or small) which you have led (or been part of a project team):
• Provide evidence of using project management and problem-solving techniques in the course of the project.
• Explain how you successfully influenced, persuaded and negotiated with others in the course of the project (or other related activity).
• Undertake a self-assessment of your practice against selected areas of the CIPD 2018 Profession Map (ie at least one area of core knowledge, one area of specialist knowledge and one core behaviour (all at associate or member level)) OR other (eg organisational) specification. Identify your professional development needs in that area and options to address these.
• Produce a professional development plan (PDP) plan to meet your professional development needs which includes a justification of the option(s) chosen.
• During your programme, provide a reflective summary of your performance against the plan. You should also identify any future development needs and record these in your PDP.
Assessment Bank – HR Intermediate Level – Version 3.1 August 2019
5DVP IHR101001 (19)
|(Note: If required, CPD plan and record templates for students are available at https://www.cipd.co.uk/learn/cpd/about|
Evidence to be produced/required
A portfolio of evidence of approximately 2600 words in total (excluding the PDP) that responds to each of the four tasks.
You should relate academic concepts, theories and professional practice to the way organisations operate, in a critical and informed way, and with reference to key texts, articles and other publications and by using organisational examples for illustration.
All reference sources should be acknowledged correctly and a bibliography provided where appropriate (these should be excluded from the word count).