You are a program director at a local public health organization that has been asked to implement a major new public health prevention program within the next two years. Think of a public health initiative of interest to you. It may be around consuming less calories, sugar, or salt; increasing physical activity; promoting vaccinations; increasing sign-up for health insurance; engaging in a “meatless Monday”; reducing plastic consumption; increasing Narcan training volunteers; decreasing bullying; vaping cessation; suicide prevention; cancer screens; etc. There are many options, so pick something that you are interested in!
Review the methods outlined in your textbook that were used to implement the Medicare Part D program and identify several ideas that you would find valuable in your own initiative. Use these ideas to write a compelling PSA. The public service announcement must be able to convey a message to utilize a specific number or website for information.
Include the following in this assignment:
• Write a PSA introducing your initiative.
• Include a website or phone number for further information or taking a specific action.
• Your entire PSA must be able to be read aloud within 60 seconds. (Note: You will be reading it aloud for your classmates in your M6 discussion.)
• After your PSA, include two additional paragraphs. The first paragraph should briefly describe the media you would select to deliver the message and your reasons for selecting the media. Be specific. The second paragraph should describe what strategies you utilized from the Medicare Part D campaign and why you found these strategies helpful.
• Provide your references in APA format at the bottom of the page.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Upload Submission.” Enter the submission title and then click on “Select a file to upload.” Browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to Submission File. Click on “Continue.” Confirm submission is correct and then click on “Accept Submission & Save.”
This course has Turnitin fully integrated into the course dropbox. This means that you should only submit your assignments to the dropbox below. Please do not submit your assignment directly to Turnitin.com.