SIZE LIMIT: 750 words
PURPOSE: This assessment item applies concepts drawn from the Ask, Acquire, and
Appraise phases of the EBMa process to one of the four sources of evidence.
DESCRIPTION: A business report to inform managerial decision-making, that:
- appraises the acquisition of stakeholder evidence in response to a complex management problem;
- analyses stakeholder evidence collected in response to a complex management problem;
- identifies and justifies the use of relevant validated scale/s to further address that problem.
RETURN OF FEEDBACK: Up to 10 working days after submission, excluding semester breaks. SPECIAL NOTES Only use this Brief if you are using the supplied Case Study
Preparation: Read the Case Study documents and download the spreadsheet of stakeholder data.
Data collection: You will need to research relevant measurement scales in the literature to identify one or more that are appropriate for assessing turnover intention among staff.
Prepare a report: Write a report that appraises the data obtained from stakeholders and the collection process, analyses the collected data, and identifies an appropriate scale to assess turnover intention.
- STRUCTURE AND CONTENTS:
There is no set structure for this Report, but the following content is to be covered and the structure you select should meet the purpose of communicating with senior management.
|• Define the problem including brief background and context.
• Justify the problem using at least one of the four forms of evidence used in Evidence-Based Management.
|Stakeholders||• Identify stakeholder groups relevant to the problem.
• Justify selection of the middle managers for initial data collection.
|Method|| Describe the method used to acquire stakeholder evidence. Justify the method used.||10%|
|Data collection|| Describe the process of acquiring the data. Justify the process used.||15%|
|Results|| Describe the qualitative and quantitative evidence collected Identify and discuss key findings.||30%|
|Critical appraisal|| Critically appraise the evidence, including identification of possible biases.||15%|
|Scales and questions||• Search the academic literature for a scale to assess turnover intention among staff.
• Justify why this scale would be more appropriate than the one described in the survey questionnaire.
|References|| A reference list of all materials cited is required.|
Note: When presenting evidence:
- Consider graphical presentation of quantitative data.
- Consider selection of quotations from qualitative data
- Consider tabular presentation of qualitative or quantitative data
- References from scientific literature situate the problem in a broader context.
The relative weightings of the items of coverage gives you guidance on their relative importance for assessment, and therefore how to focus your effort. You can use this to help plan your work by using the weightings to allocate your time and the approximate number of words to each item. Proper referencing is a Submission Requirement (see separate section for details) and therefore has no weighting in this table, but not meeting that requirement will impact your assessment.